Wednesday 30 November 2011

Bamboo Needles

Knitting with Bamboo Needles has always been something that I have wanted to try. I have always only ever knit with metal or plastic needles and always wanted to try the bamboo alternative. I read a few reviews before I considered buying some to learn more about knitting with wooden needles. I found a Knitters Review article that I found really helpful especially when weighing up the benefits and drawbacks.

I finally decided to buy a set of mid range bamboo needles, and when paired with the right project an yarn, I have discovered, bamboo needles are a lovely alternative and I suggest picking up even just a pair to give them a go.


Bamboo Needles 1

1 comment:

  1. They do look lovely.
    I have tried some apple bamboo needles but I found that they were not slippy enough for me. In a size 8 I thought they should have been fine, even if at times I do knit tightly, but now unfortunately they have teeth marks in the tips where I've been struggling!
    I like the lightness of them though, I think my ideal style would be silver metal tips and bamboo needle body. oooh, have you seen any?

    ReplyDelete