Friday 6 January 2012

For Dad

I have always loved knitting for my father. His taste is simple, he is not fussy and it's always easy to pick colours (anything brown, black or grey). The first ever sweater I knit was for him and this year, for his birthday, I knit him a few warm hats for the Winter. The first was from a free pattern by Stephanie Nicole and the striped hat was something I whipped up using a bit of general knowledge. I used Cascade 220 for both and the yarn was actually extra from a previous project (The cowl).

{Ravelry Link 1} {Ravelry Link 2} DSC_0035 DSC_0049 DSC_0059

3 comments:

  1. I knit a ribbed hat just like that (out of 220 too!) for my Gramps this Christmas. He loves it. I absolutely LOVE the color of yours! And the striped one is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice colour for men, you have me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gold stripes against the brown. Nice hats!

    ReplyDelete