Friday 24 June 2011

Hello Beatnik!

A few days ago, with my newly aquired yarn, I cast on for Beatnik - the wonderful aran sweater pattern by Norah Gaughan. This is the most complicated cable pattern I have ever tried - and despite my many concerns that I wouldn't be able to do it - it's turning out quite nice and I am pleasantly surprised.

Rav Link
Beatnik WIP 1
This picture was taken a few days ago, I have now completed about half of the back.
This sweater is knit in pieces, and has thee quarter sleeves. It was published in last years Knitty's Deep Fall issue, and has many completed FO's. If you love your cables, then give this pattern a go, and the cable repeats aren't that complicated - especially if you colour code them (as I have shown in the image below).
Beatnik
The difference that colour coding made, was huge, it was so much easier to work out which cable I was meant to be doing, and it was kind of fun to take out all of my coloured textas!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to colour code patterns! It surprises me that I don't think I would have thought this!

    ReplyDelete