Thursday 16 June 2011

Shawls...

Shawls have always amazed me, they are beautiful, they look very tricky and are a mysterious part of knitting that I wouldn't of thought I would venture into any time soon.

But lately something has given me the urge to pick up those lace addi turbo's and cast on for one, as a present for my mum. She would definitely appreciate one and I haven't knit her anything for quite some time. So began my search for the perfect beginners pattern on Ravelry, I wanted to make sure I chose a pattern that would suit my ability as a shawl knitter, so I chose the lovely pattern Multnomah. This is a garter stitch, with a pretty feather and fan border in the shape of a triangle. The most appealing thing about this pattern is that you do not need to cast on a mighty number of stitches (only 11) so I am almost through the garter stitch area!

Rav Link
{Click for a bigger pic}
WIPS Multnomah

I am enjoying knitting this so much, that I might cast on another one for myself, in a slightly thicker yarn! This might just be the start of a new shawl craze...


WIPS Multnomah 2

No comments:

Post a Comment