Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hello

Hello! I would like to start with my latest project, a Felipe Vest, a baby knit! For my friend's brothers spring baby. Compared to anything else (except maybe sweaters!) baby knitting excites me the most, I just love the tiny little cardigans, pullovers and vests and would jump at any oppertunity to knit for a bub.

Rav Link



{Click for a bigger pic}
DSC_0026
The yarn, is something that I have had in my stash for a while and one of the few varigated yarns that I have ever bought, as I usually like to stick to the solids. The yarn itself isin't soft enough to be close to the skin, especially for a baby, so I thought a vest, that would be worn over a top or t-shirt would be perfect for the feel of this yarn. For this reason, I don't think I will be knitting a hat in this yarn, or if I do, I will certainly be lining it with some soft cotton, because otehrwise the hat would be way to itchy!

I have ordered a whole lot of yarn from Webs for a few knitted sweaters I want to crank out for the Winter/Spring, so I'm waiting for those to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment