Wednesday 6 July 2011

Beatnik FO

I am happy to present to you the fully knit, seamed and blocked, ready to wear Beatnik. Since it came out in the Fall issue of Knitty I have been eager to knit this lovely Norah Gaughan pullover. Beatnik was great cable practice and gave me some good expeience with setting in sleeves. I knit the 32" size and it fit just right, I didn't make any modifications except knit the sleeves down one needle size, because I often find my sleeves too large

note: yes my hands are a bit blue (dye!) I will explain some other time ;)
Beatnik 2

Beatnik 3

Beatnik 1
I chose not to double up the ribbing on the neck because I thought it looked perfect the way it was and wasn't sure if I could pull off that look!
Beatnik 5
Beatnik 6
This project has inspired me to do a whole lot more aran knitting and given me confidence that I can really start to tackle more complicated and involved garments, looking forward to the next one!

6 comments:

  1. This turned out really lovely and I LOVE the color. I've been wanting to knit this pattern for some time. I'm hoping I'll have the chance this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's gorgeous! The color is just perfec too. Great job! :)

    Lina
    photoknitdog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lovely. Such a great colour, and it looks so much better less ribbing at the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly a gorgeous piece of knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! love the colour and the simpler neckline. must try it when I have enough courage for something more complicated :)

    ReplyDelete