Monday 4 July 2011

From one sleeve to another

I have been organising my stash, doing a whole lot of seaming, and apparently knitting a whole lot of sleeves lately, and also most importantly finished Beatnik! It's currently blocking in all it's seamed glory, and looking quite promising, I am so excited to give it a wear and take some photos. Following my sweater craze, I cast on for Owls, a cute owl inspired pullover by Kate Davies. The pattern has you knit the stockinette body up to the armholes, but the stitches on hold and then knit the two sleeves and then put the body and the arm hole stitches together to form the yoke (with the cabled owl detail). I had finished the body before I cast on for Beatnik and had put it away, so I was up to knitting the arms, and because I knit the arms for Beatnik last, I am knitting 4 arms in a row - as you can imagine, I don't think I want to knit another arm again!

Beatnik SleeveOwls WIP 1
Thankfully, I'm up to my fourth consecutive arm!


Before I finish up, I have to share with you this lovely Australian 4ply fingering weight alpaca I bought last week, in a deep red that I tried to capture as best as I could. This is the softest alpaca yarn I have ever come across, and I am hoping it will become a shawl or shrug sometime soon
Fingering Weight Alpaca 2

1 comment:

  1. "Sleeve Island" isn't a fun place to be. I look forward to seeing your finished Beatnik!

    ReplyDelete