Sunday 31 July 2011

Red Dunes

Dunes, has been one of those projects. You know the type, those projects where knitting a 12" wide scarf in lace weight yarn seems like a good idea, and then you start, and you wonder what you were thinking.Well I persevered,and knit through this beautiful alpaca scarf, and the result, was well worth the patience that knitting a lace weight scarf entails.


Red Dunes 9 

Red Dunes 1

Dunes WIP 2

Red Dunes 7 
Red Dunes 4


I ended up just taking the lace pattern from Dunes, and adding it to the start and finish of the scarf, as a detail instead of knitting the whole scarf/shawl in lace pattern, what I ended up with was a lovely soft, delicate scarf with a beautiful drape, that I'm sure will be worn and cherished by my mum for a long time

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It looks well worth the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knits made with thin yarn on tiny needles, like you said the drape is much nicer. I started a cabled pullover with tiny yarn + needles and I am *dying*. Just found your blog and love it.

    ReplyDelete