Saturday 16 July 2011

The small things

Lately I have been very preoccupied with the sweaters in my knitting life, so for a while I think I'll take a break from the large projects and turn some attention on smaller knitting projects.

I bought 200g of the lovely Tailored Strands 100% Alpaca in lace weight a few weeks ago, and am knitting up a rectangular shawl for my mum, for her upcoming birthday. The project is Dunes by Gena Wich.

{Ravelry Link}

Dunes WIP 2
I usually don't knit in the colour red, I'm not sure what it is, I just have never warmed to the colour... but because my mum does enjoy deep reds, and this yarn was beautiful I guess I thought I would give red a chance


Dunes Wip 5




2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love red and the red you're using is absolutely divine! Love the photography!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is such a perfect shade of red.

    ReplyDelete